Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Not fitting in

I am beginning to think I may be a tad bit socially inept. I am coming to the conclusion I cannot function within large groups of people and when I say large I mean 4 or more people. I don't get a long with black people at all. I don't associate myself well with snobby white people so where do I fit in? First I like to say Rochester, NY is very Clique oriented. Its either you're in a circle or you're not. Or maybe it is like that in Community colleges. I am beginning to see College as another step from High School and preferably another College. People spread rumors faster than a forest fire whenever they don't like you they say nasty things to other people instead of working out the issue. You cannot establish trust within this County. I met a few people who were not from Rochester but more towards Victor and towards Oneida and STOPPED going to class because of the types of personalities this women reflect. When someone gossips about another person to you then you can then speculate this individual may then do the same with you when the time arises of a social conflict.

I've realized no matter how hard I try I can not prove to other people I am not the stereotype that is perceived among socialites. The racial tension is still very much in existence and it is not so much just the race it is more stereotypical, prejudice combined. I am going to go to therapy to make sure it is not just me I need to find a calming center for myself since I am going to be not so busy this summer. I do have plans to leave but that doesn't take place until April.

So I need to figure out what to do with myself as A--- is not helping like usual. He is more of a burden than a relief. Nothing has been done like he said he would do. He was dropped from two of his classes this semester since he didn't attend like he was suppose to. He didn't care that his father fished out $2,500 for his spring course. And now his brother is supposedly giving him his car which is great but who is going to pay for the car insurance? Me? I guess, I could but should I when I will be paying my own car insurance.

I am trying to make the right choices and establish a long term commitment with someone so I don't keep jumping from relationship to relationship. I don't know how to be a conformist I am more unanimously divergent. I like to set my own ideas on what a particular situation is. In Rochester a lot of people are conformist they like to go with the idea that is set in motion along with everyone else. Another word for sheeple. Do what everyone else is doing and not care about whether the idea doesn't fit the puzzle. That was my conflict on my project with the three sheeples. They didn't want to physically participate in the project they just copied pictures off the internet and posted other people's work without quoting it. Which is  plagiarism but who cares, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment