Thursday, April 24, 2014

Monroe Community College loses part of their stafford loans

So today I was browsing through my loans for the summer time to make sure everything is up-to-date and on time. Well, I noticed my federal pell grants are in...and my summer subsidized is in but not my unsubsidized loans. So I was thinking, hmm, maybe I forgot to do something or I haven't met one of my goals. 

So yesterday, I called Financial Aid at Monroe Community college to find out what the deal is. I was put on hold for 5 minutes and finally a lady answers. I gave her my school information and she was kinda abrupt and subtle. I asked her" what was going on with the Unsub loans?" and she dryly said, "oh too many students defaulting so you lost your loans". I was like," Um, what? I pay interest on my loans every three months.My heart went to my ass and so I felt my face draining color out of fear..I thought, shit I defaulted?! how?! this is a joke!" And she said, oh well you're okay, but it is the other students. And how people are not responsible and blah blah blah.

I asked what is going to happen. She said she can have a loan officer contact me. That never happened. so I called Student aid for the U.S government because they are the ones who can change the loans whenever certain criteria is not met. So, in this case Monroe Community College has a 16% graduation rate and a 61% default on loans. This is not good. Someone is profiting from money but not giving out the proper education or giving students the chance to succeed.

So right now what the Woman told me was, summer unsub loans are a no-go for 2014. And other loans are at risk of going, bye-bye . So she said, "my suggestion is you switch to another school." Wonderful, great jon, MCC! You are officially retarded. 


No comments:

Post a Comment