Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oddities about people from Rochester, NY.

I had mentioned earlier that I was going to make Journal entries about my experiences throughout my last year here in Rochester. So today I thought I would mention some of the stranger things about living in a small city with a large rural area that folds lands and lands of corn and apples. Rochester is a odd place because the personalities here are very similar. Most people here like to be by themselves and think very small. I have tried numerous times to socialize with people who are a little more upbeat and I don't know someone ho can share things with me and I with them. No such luck. One girl told me she lives in a small town called, livonia and even then she hates being around people in that small town however she wants to explore NYC. Most of the girls like to dress the same and talk the same. Which leads me to believe it is small town thinking. And having someone like me come in is unusual because my personality is not what they're used to. I am a New England girl and will go home to try and bring myself back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment